I know I am about a month late for this, but I figured I would share with you guys a 2019 goals update. One of my friends reminded me that to make real progress with your goals, you need to check in with them. Since we’re halfway through the year, I wanted to reflect on my goals to see how far I’ve come. I pulled this list directly from my 2019 Goals piece from Blogmas. The bold is the updates. I hope you guys enjoy seeing my progress and if you’ve done a goals/resolutions check-in, let me know in the comments below!
- Move into New York City. (My forever dream.) – We’re not quite there, but by the end of 2019, this goal will become a reality, and I am so excited to share more with you about that.
- Continue on my weight loss journey until I am at a healthy weight for my height. ( I have quite a bit to go).- I have not made as much progress as I would like with this, but as of this week, I’ve started to meal prep!
- Secure a full-time writing/editing role or pick up more freelance opportunities.- I am so proud to say that I’ve accomplished this. I haven’t shared this much on here yet, but I am working full-time in New York City for Metro US as an editorial assistant. To read my articles online, check out this link!
- This might be basic to say, but I would really like to find a boyfriend.- No success with this but I’ll probably work on this once I officially move into the city.
- Grow on Instagram(So close to 3K) and Twitter(I’m so close to 5K). –no update on this other than I hit 3k on Instagram and I lost it rather recently, so I’m a bit bummed.
- I want to travel somewhere new and preferably outside of the US. However, I would also love to explore a new state. – So I went to Paris in February, but no travel plans ahead. Potentially one beach day!
- Go back to exploring and writing more about New York City.- Since I am working full-time in NYC, I am exploring my work area but that’s it. I am hoping to come up with more NYC content ideas soon.
- Experiment more with my style ( fashion and beauty). I tend to stick to neutrals but I want to branch out! – I think I’ve done a great job of doing this, I started playing with colors a ton!
- Be more sustainable! ( I have a post about this coming.) – Here’s the post, I am making progress on this, but I feel like there is more I need to be doing.
- Cook something from a cookbook once a week. – I was doing a great job of this earlier this year, and I am working on getting back into it.
- Experiment more with my cooking, and get more creative when it comes to food.- I’ve done this, I tried a lot of new things, and my cooking style has changed a ton.
Have you checked in with your 2019 goals or resolutions?