I love tea so much but I hate that it stains my teeth. Since I’m huge tea drinker, I often find that tea stains my teeth, so I reached out to my dentist to figure out how to take better care of my teeth. My Dentist provided with me some suggestions, but I am by no means a medical professional. I’m here to tell you what’s worked for me, may not work for you. After struggling with stained teeth here are 5 ways to keep your teeth pearly white.
- Drink tea with milk. This is common knowledge and something I personally cannot do. I have a milk allergy but I don’t like the flavor of alternatives. So this is something I should do but don’t do but this may work for you.
- Brush your teeth after your drink tea. If you don’t have time to brush them right after you drink a cuppa, spend some extra time focusing on the areas where the staining tends to be.
- Use a whitening toothpaste. This is not necessarily approved by my dentist because many irritate people’s gums. However, I’ve been using Sensodyne True White in Extra Fresh Toothpaste. I have found that’s it been working out well for me.
- Allow Tea to cool down before you begin to drink it. My Dentist suggested that I allow my tea to cool down a bit before I start drinking. I’ve found this super helpful and it helps make sure my tongue doesn’t burn.
- I know this sounds wayyyyy silly but it works, drink tea/coffee through a straw.