I’m always working to improve my lifestyle and one of the easiest ways to shift your lifestyle is to drink more water, according to recent research, people are supposed to be drinking at least 2 liters of water per day. Now that is a lot of water! This task seems daunting but it’s a lot easier then it seems. I am not going to lie to you it is hard to guzzle that much plain water at first, but here are a 5 ways to spice up your water intake.
- Spa Water– This is the classic combination of lemon and cucumber. Lemons have anti-cancer properties, antioxidants, a lot of vitamin C as well as fiber. Lemons are also great for bloating. Cucumbers decrease your risk for cardiovascular disease as well as cancer, and are a great anti-inflammatory too.
- Erika’s Water– Like many other bloggers, I am always inspired by my fellow bloggers. One of my favorite bloggers ever is Retro Flame or Erika Fox. Her water blend consists of Lemons, Cucumbers with the addition of mint. The mint really makes all the difference in this drink. For more info about the health benefits, click here.
- Orange and Lime Oh My!– I have a mild obsession with citrus in case you didn’t know that. The pairing of orange and lime makes for a super aesthetically pleasing water bottle. Oranges are one of my favorite fruits! Oranges help lower high blood pressure and have strong inflammatory properties. Limes and oranges both have a lot of Vitamin C much like their lemony cousin. Lime was used to cure Scurvy back in the day, how cool is that? Lime aids digestion as well is helps control diabetes and heart disease.
- Strawberry Mint– Strawberries are another favorite of mine. Strawberries are amazing because they help control allergies with their anti-inflammatory properties, it’s got some potassium, folic acid, fiber and vitamin C. All great things for your skin as well. Fresh mint is so easy to find, most people have it growing in their garden. Mint helps aids in digestion, it helps clear your congestion, it’s a natural stimulant and helps your skin.
- Blueberry (Feel free to add Strawberries too)– As I was doing some research for this article, I came across blueberry water. It’s something that I haven’t tried but now it’s on my must-try list. Everyone knows all about their antioxidant properties, which basically means they are good for everything. They help build strong bones, lower your blood pressure, help keep diabetes at bay and they even help fighting wrinkles.
What do you put in your detox water?